Tai Po Kau Nature Reserve













I finally went to this nature reserve last Sunday!  One of my guidebook mentions it and shows a picture of one of these but I'm sure they are impossible to spot.  It was so relaxing to go hiking where there were no other people to be found!  It was only after I finished hiking that I realized the main reason people go there is to take "nature photos" and try to one-up each other with their fancy camera equipment.  People taking their photography hobby seriously in Hong Kong!  (Lots of camouflage, big lenses and tri-pods).  From what I could tell, they were mostly getting shots of birds and butterflies.  I felt a little sheepish with my point-and-shoot, but I managed to take some flower pictures.

2 comments:

  1. That place looks really cool, but what's up with all the question marks on the map?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several comments: 1. I want to go there! It looks beautiful!
    2. Holy crap! Pangolins are awesome! I really wish you got to see one!
    3. Wow. Those lenses are ridiculous. Especially the guy in the black and red jacket using one without a tripod. Good luck getting a stable image there buddy!
    4. Is that sign actually warning that one could drown in that shallow pool?

    ReplyDelete